Applying to the MPA program at Marywood University is free and open online through the university's Office of Admissions. Simply click on the "Apply Now" button at the top (or bottom) of this page to take you directly to the Office of Admissions and start the admissions process.
An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning is required for admissions, in addition to the following:
- Online Application
- Official Undergraduate Degree Transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency (only for students for whom English is not their primary language and did not graduate from an English-taught university).
- Personal Statement: The personal statement should be no more than 500 words (or two double-spaced pages) answering the question, "why do you want an MPA"? You may describe your reasons for pursuing graduate studies in public administration, your career aspirations, your special interests within your field, and any features of your background that might be of an interest to the program. Commitment to public or nonprofit administration as well as ability to communicate in writing is strongly recommended.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Two Letters of Recommendation:The letters should be from individuals who know you in a professional capacity, such as professors, work supervisors, and professionals from organizations where you have served as a volunteer or in another capacity. We look for evidence of academic achievement, community involvement, and personal characteristics that suggests the capacity to foster an institutional culture that advances democratic administration and governance.
- GRE scores are not required.
The MPA program utilizes Moodle as its current delivery method for courses. All students will be provided with training on Moodle and offered online or onsite workshops. A complete guide to Moodle is also listed at http://www.marywood.edu/oit/services/academic-computing/moodle-in-a-minute.html.