MPA Admission Requirements
The online MPA is intended to serve managers of all types of public agencies (federal, state, and local) and those from the non-profit sector, as well as international students/professionals. The program is designed for several types of managers:
- Public, nonprofit or NGO executives who seek opportunities to engage in structured study and reflection on contemporary theory and issues in public management and policy.
- Senior professionals contemplating a career change who feel they might profit from acquiring an advanced degree and a deeper understanding of public affairs.
- Managers on the verge of promotion to senior ranks who wish to upgrade and bring current their analytic, managerial and leadership skills.
- Mid-level managers and supervisors who want to advance their career and the growth of their organizations.
The application process can be completed online through Marywood University's Office of Admissions. An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning is required. Other requirements include the following:
- Online application
- Official undergraduate degree documentation
- Proof of English language proficiency: Only for students for whom English is not their primary language and did not graduate from an English-taught university.
- No general tests are required.
The MPA program utilizes Moodle as its current delivery method for courses. All students will be provided with training on Moodle and offered online or onsite workshops. A complete guide to Moodle is also listed at http://www.marywood.edu/oit/services/academic-computing/moodle-in-a-minute.html.
Visit the Graduate Admissions page for more information.