Housing & Residence Life
Some call living on campus "the total college experience." We agree.
When you live on campus, you participate in activities, develop new friendships, and learn more about yourself and others. Living on campus complements your classroom experiences and will better prepare you for life after Marywood.
Important Dates for Spring 2021
Monday, January 4: Offices reopen from Winter Break
Monday, January 18: Offices closed in Observance of MLK Day
Tuesday, January 19: Spring semester classes begin
Wednesday, January 20: Final Virtual RA Info Session (7:00 PM)
Saturday, January 30: University Housing opens for new residential students at 9 a.m.
Sunday, January 31: University Housing opens for returning residential students at 10 a.m.
Friday, January 29: Deadline for applications for 2021-2022 RA positions; Deadline for references for RA applicants to submit online reference form
Wednesday, February 3 - Friday, February 12: Individual Interviews for RA applicants
Saturday, March 6: Group Process Interview for RA applicants (Time TBA)
Friday, March 26: Room Encore and Themed Housing applications due for Room Selection for 2021-2022
Monday, March 29: Registration for Fall 2021 courses opens
Thursday, April 1: Holy Thursday- No Classes
Friday, April 2 - Monday, April 5: Easter Holiday- Offices Closed, No Classes
Friday, April 16: $300 Housing Deposit and housing applications due for students interested in housing for 2021-2022
Monday, April 19 - Friday, April 23: Virtual Room Selection for 2021-2022 On-Campus Housing
Saturday, May 8: University Housing closes at 10 AM for all non-graduating students
Saturday, May 15: Commencement; housing closes at 6 pm for all students
Spring 2021 - IMPORTANT Housing Information
Marywood University undergraduate housing (Loughran Hall, Regina Hall, Madonna Hall, and Woodland Residences 1-22, 26-32) will re-open for the Spring 2021 semester the weekend of January 30 and 31, 2021.
New residential students (those that did not reside on campus during the Fall 2020 semester), will move-in on Saturday, January 30, 2021, between the hours of 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Returning residential students will move-in on Sunday, January 31, 2021, between the hours of 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
In alignment with recommendations from the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of Education (DOE), ALL residential students must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test to Marywood Student Health Services 3-5 days prior to arriving on campus. Any student who does not fulfill this requirement must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival to Pennsylvania.
To support public health guidelines and ensure physical distancing protocols, residential students will be required to sign up for a return time to create a staggered return of students. Please continue to monitor your Marywood email account for further information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Housing and Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-348-6236.
2021-2022 Resident Assistant Selection Process
The Housing and Residence Life Office is opening a search for our 2021-2022 Resident Assistant staff. The Resident Assistant (RA) position focuses on enhancing the quality of life in the residence halls, including fostering community, providing academic support, and being attentive to the safety and security of residents. The position requires an individual who is flexible enough to assume a variety of roles as dictated by the changing needs of students. It is crucial that an individual be able to relate well to others and handle administrative responsibilities. The RA is more than just a friendly presence; she/he is the crucial link in creating an environment in which students develop independence and learn to live cooperatively with others. To be eligible for an RA position, the student should meet the following qualifications:
- Have attained a GPA of at least 2.50
- Will have earned at least 30 credits as of the end of the Spring 2021 semester
- Currently be in good disciplinary standing with the University
- One (1) semester of on-campus residency preferred
- Be able to attend mandatory RA training sessions- typically occurs approximately one week before the start of the Fall semester and two days prior to the start of the Spring semester
- Have the ability to hold the RA position as a priority, second only to academics
- Not hold the position as Student Government President during the RA appointment, unless prior approval is given
If you are interested in further information on the 2021-2022 RA Information Session, please check out the Powerpoint Presentation from our virtual information sessions: 2021-2022 RA Selection Powerpoint Presentation. We will be hosting one more virtual information session on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 7:00 PM. Further instructions for accessing the third info session will be sent out to students prior to the event.
To apply for an RA position for 2021-2022, each applicant must do the following by 11:59 PM on Friday, January 29, 2021:
- Complete the online 2021-2022 Resident Assistant Application
- Submit a CV or resume (space to upload is located within the application)
- Have two references complete the online RA Reference Form (references should be a faculty or staff member within the Marywood community and/or a former employer
- Sign up for a 20-minute virtual individual interview (link to sign up is located within the application)- interviews will be taking place Wednesday, February 3, 2021 through Friday, February 12, 2021
- Attend the mandatory Group Process interview which will be taking place Saturday, March 6, 2021 (more info about the Group Process interview will be sent out at a later date)
If you have any questions regarding the 2021-2022 Resident Assistant Selection Process, please contact us at email@example.com.