- New Students
- Student Residences
- Themed Housing Communities
- Summer Housing
- Graduate Housing
- Meal Plans
- Room Selection - Returning Students
- Resident Resources
- Join Our Team
- Resident Manual
- Study Abroad
- Meet the Staff
- Photo Gallery
- Talk of the University: What You Should Know
Themed Housing Communities
Want to live near other students who share your interests? Apply for Themed Housing. Your imagination is your limit!
Past Themed Housing Communities include Wellness, Big House Christian Living, Environmental Stewardship, Green Living, and Service.
The housing placements depend on your group's needs and membership. In the past, communities have been located in Madonna Hall, Regina Hall, and the Woodland Residences.
Students selected to live in Themed Housing Communities confirm their acceptance by participating in the Themed Housing Community Room Selection process on April 19, 2016. During this process individual community members of each selected Themed Housing Community will select a specific housing assignment within their assigned location. Detailed information regarding time and location for each Themed Housing Community's room selection process will be communicated to community members by April 15, 2016.
Tip: Only students listed on the application will be eligible to live in the community, if the theme is selected.
*Submission of a Themed Housing Community Application does not guarantee approval.
*All Themed Housing Community applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a Housing and Dining Agreement
- Complete a Housing and Dining Preference Form
- Pay $300 housing deposit (For any current undergraduate resident student not registered to graduate after the Spring 2016 semester, this $300 Deposit Due for housing will be placed on your student account by Saturday, February 20th.)
- Room reservation deposits may be paid online through the MarywoodYou Portal or via the Cashier's Office. At the Cashier's Office, payment can be made with cash, check, or money order payable to Marywood University. Please be aware that a service charge of 2.75% of your total charge will be applied to payments made via credit/debit cards. A service charge of $1.75 will be applied to payments made via e-checks.
- Register for Fall 2016 courses by 5:00 PM, Monday, April 18, 2016.
*In exchange for preferential housing, successful Themed Housing Community applicants have an additional set of expectations, detailed in the Themed Housing Community Application.
*All residential students must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits in order to move in to on-campus housing for the Fall 2016 semester.
|March 29||Applications due in the Housing and Residence Life Office, Tony Domiano Center for Student Life|
|by April 15||Notification of Themed Housing Community application status sent via Marywood University e-mail|
|April 19||Successful applicants select specific rooms within their assigned community|