Room Change Period
Room changes may occur after the second week of each semester. If you are requesting a room change during the room change period, you will need to:
- Discuss the change with roommate(s) and any other residents involved, as well as with your Resident Assistant;
- Complete a Room Change Request Form, available from the Office of Housing and Residence Life, and return it to your Residence Director;
- Once the move is approved, make an appointment with a Resident Assistant to properly check you out of your current room and into your new room. Proper checkout includes removing all personal belongings, reviewing the Room Condition Form, and returning any keys to Housing and Residence Life staff;
- Your move into your new room must be completed within 48 hours.
- Any unauthorized room changes may be referred as disciplinary charges to the University judicial/conduct conduct system.
- Room changes requested after the room change period may be approved on a case-by-case basis. A supervised mediation may be required between roommates before a room change is granted (see below). Students should contact his or her Resident Assistant or Residence Director to initiate this process.