- New Students
- Student Residences
- 2014-2015 Themed Housing Communities
- Room Selection - Returning Students
- Summer Housing
- Resident Resources
- Meal Plans
- Graduate & Off-Campus Housing
- Join Our Team
- Resident Manual
- Study Abroad
- Photo Gallery
Campus Safety: 570-348-6242
Community Medical Center: (570) 703-8121
Regional Hospital of Scranton: (570)-348-7951
Moses Taylor Hospital: (570)-770-5000
Women's Resource Center Hotline: 570-346-4671
Safety and security starts with you. Historically, Marywood and the surrounding area has been a safe community. However, like any community, crimes can and do occur here. The University promotes campus safety and security in various ways such as by educating students about safety and security issues and by providing 24-hour Security/Safety Department staff on campus. In addition to the efforts of University staff, students must promote their own safety and the safety of others through their daily behavior. The following precautions are important and should be included in your daily routine.
In University Housing
- Lock your door, even if you are only going to the bathroom or to the room next door. Many residence hall thefts from unlocked rooms occur while the residents of the room are on the same floor, but step out for "just a minute." It takes approximately eight seconds for someone to walk into an unattended room and remove something, such as a wallet, jewelry, cell phone, etc.
- Do not lend your room/apartment key, mailbox key, or ID card to anyone.
- If you lose your room/apartment key, report it to Residence Hall Staff or Campus Safety staff.
- Lock windows accessible from the outside, especially overnight.
- Strangers loitering in or around residence halls should be reported to the Campus Safety at 570-348-6242.
- Do not prop residence hall doors open-remove and report door props if you see them.
- If you receive annoying or obscene telephone calls, notify Campus Safety and your Resident Assistant or Residence Director immediately.
- Never open your door to strangers. Repair persons will carry proper identification.
- Escort any guests you may have in the building.
- Report unusual happenings to your Resident Assistant, Front Desk, or Campus Safety.
- In the event of an emergency, contact Campus Safety at 570-348-6242, and then inform your Resident Assistant.
- If you witness vandalism, report it to your Resident Assistant.
- When walking at night, use the best-lit route and attempt to travel in groups of two or more people.
- If you are alone, call Campus Safety at 570-348-6242 to request an escort.
- If you are a victim of a crime, notify Campus Safety immediately. If necessary, use the emergency phones located throughout the campus
Emergency Rooms at Area Hospitals
WOMEN'S RESOURCE CENTER HOTLINE: (570) 346-4671(24 hours/day)
The Women's Resource Center provides comprehensive services for female and male victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence and stalking in Lackawanna and Susquehanna Counties. Our services include a crisis hotline, crisis counseling, emergency shelter, safe housing, legal services, support services, community education and advocacy.