The Foundation for Intellectual & Professional Growth
Combining outstanding programs in professional fields with a powerful liberal arts orientation, the Social Sciences Department offers you both a solid academic background and preparation to help you succeed in your chosen field.
Our faculty-student ratio is 1:17 and our faculty members are committed to your intellectual and professional growth.
The social sciences are the foundation for an exciting spectrum of 21st century careers. The Social Sciences Department at Marywood can help you if you're interested in:
- Attending law school
- Become active in politics or public service
- Teaching social studies
- Conducting historical research
- Working in probations, parole, law enforcement or prison systems
Find an academic program at Marywood that fits your goals.
Courses in the Social Sciences will help you:
- Broaden your understanding of the social sciences
- Engage in purposeful, honest, and effective research
- Use critical thinking to formulate opinions and conclusions
- Respond to the challenges of contemporary society by relating classroom study to current affairs
- Explore the unique cultures of diverse ethnic and religious groups
Our goal is to help you understand the larger social, political, economic, and environmental contexts that shape human interactions. You can then use this knowledge to identify points in your individual life and career where you can contribute to life in an interdependent world.
Each minor requires 6 three-credit courses.