Request Info

Getting Started

After you've applied for admission and been accepted by Marywood University, obtain your education benefits by following these steps:

  1. Use the benefits chart below to find the type of benefit that's right for you.

  2. Apply for your education benefits from the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA) at

  3. Provide your confirmation number and subsequesnt Certificate of Eligibility to Lauren Williams, Veterans Certifying Official, in the Office of Military and Veteran Services. If you have a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), provide that as well.

  4. If you are receiving active duty or reserve benefits, you must verfiy your enrollment on the last calendar day of every month using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE).

There are special instructions for applying for vocational rehabilitation benefits.

Additional information is available regarding the Post 9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program.

Receiving Benefits

In most cases, benefits are paid directly to you in monthly installments. If your enrollment has been certified 30 days prior to the start of the term, you can expect to receive your first installment during the month following the first full month of school. For example, if you start school in the fall, your first installment should arrive in October.