Marywood University's Student Veteran Alliance
The Marywood University Student Veteran Alliance (SVA) has been named an official chapter of the Student Veterans of America.
Mission Statement: Marywood University Student Veteran Alliance strives to provide military, veterans and their families with advocacy and resources necessary to support their successful transition into, and through, Marywood University; with the ultimate goal of employment after graduation.
The SVA has 2 main goals and 6 objectives.
- Increase membership and maintain sustainability.
- Increase club membership by 10% by Spring 2016.
- Establish a veteran alumni network with at least 10 members by the end of spring 2016.
- Maintain at least 1 month overlap between incoming and outgoing officers every election.
- Expand outreach to the campus and community.
- Increase attendance for Veterans Day Activities by 50 people by November 11, 2016.
- Increase money raised for Operation: Tails for Troops by 10% by April 2016.
- Add partnership with 2 additional community organizations by spring 2016.