Web Development Office
Immaculata Hall, 90
Visit our office
Mon. - Fri. 8:30a - 4:30p
What is the "Smart" Template?
The Smart Template was developed by the Web Team to be fully dynamic, using the most up-to-date coding features of our content management system.
In a nutshell, it gives us the ability to have less templates while still giving our content editors as many choices as possible regarding the color, layout, and functionality of their website.
The Smart Template allows us to:
- Change the color of the navigation menu on an entire site with one click.
- Significantly reduce the number of templates we have -- instead of having 3+ layouts EACH (for blue, red, purple, white, and green navigations), we now have 3 total and any color nav can be applied to them.
- Quickly add important messages to our Content Editors.
- Remove breadcrumbs on landing pages without creating a new template.
- Create "inside" navs without a new template, such as Criminal Justice, which is housed in Social Sciences, but doesn't visually feel like it is.
- Automatically place the contact information on every page of your site, while still giving you the ability to update it as needed.
- Automatically place an important message below your left navigation that will show up on every page of your site!
- Roll out new features to our content editors very easily.
From the outside, you won't notice a difference, but the Smart Template is GENIUS!
Does my site use a smart template?
At this point, all departments should be converted over to the new Smart Template. All content editors now only have access to the "Smart Template" options, which are 2 column, 3 column, and 50/50 equal column layouts. If you are having problems seeing the left navigation bar on your page, or something looks just "not right" please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can take care of it for you.