Marywood University’s Professional Continuing Education department will offer a 120-Hour Long-Term Care Nursing Home Administration (NHA) and Refresher Program during the fall 2021/spring 2022 academic semesters. Each of the 16 courses is approved for 7.5 continuing education hours by the Pennsylvania State Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators. Also serving State of Pennsylvania licensing renewal requirements, interested individuals can register for courses as needed or register for the entire series.
Dates, programs, and presenters planned for the fall 2021/spring 2021academic semesters include:
- September 30, 2021— Health Support Services: Pharmacy
Medical Records and Diagnostic Services with Tom Snader and Stephanie Sakson.
- October 1, 2021 —Personnel Management and Labor Relations with Jim Silkworth.
- October 14, 2021 — Social Services, Family and Community Relationships, and
Patient Rights with Maria Hastie and John R. O’Brien.
- October 15, 2021 - Understanding Regulations:
Deficiencies, Plans of Correction, and Quality Assurance with James Miller, NHA.
- October 28, 2021— Strategic Planning: Marketing and
Public Relations with William Bachman
- October 29, 2021 - Nursing Department and Patient Care Management with Karyn Hildebrand.
- November 11, 2021— Role of Government in Health Policy Regulation and Reimbursement with William Kammerer.
November 12, 2021 - Nutrition and Dietary Needs of the
Long-Term Care Resident with Sandy Gaul.
- December 2, 2021— Gerontology: Diseases of Aging Death and Dying with Peggy Steinberg.
- December 3, 2021 - Risk Management: Safety and Insurance with Matt Alfiero.
- December 16, 2021 - Facility Support Services: Building, Grounds, Housekeeping, Laundry, and Central Supply with Karyn Hildebrand.
- December 17, 2021 - Fiscal Management: Budgeting and Accounting with Michael P. Kelly, MPA, NHA and Kevin Noone.
- January 27, 2022 - General Administration and Organizational Management of Nursing Homes with Noelle Lyon-Kovaleskie.
- January 28, 2022 – Medicare PPS Case Mix & Third-Party Reimbursement with James Miller.
- February 10, 2022 – Rehabilitation Services and Special Care with Gary Duncan.
- February 11, 2022 - Preparing for Licensure: Certification Surveys and Meeting the Other Regulatory Requirements with Noelle Lyon-Kovaleskie.
All courses will run on the dates listed from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., in the Swartz Center for Spiritual Life, on Marywood University’s campus. Each course is $150. The NHA Refresher is only $525. For additional information, or to register, please visit Marywood Professional Continuing Education Opportunities, or call Jill Schroth, Director of Professional Continuing Education & Workforce Development, at (570) 340-6061.