Summary of Duties
Under the direction of the University Librarian, the Circulation Manager provides oversight for the daily operations of circulation processes in the Learning Center Commons and is responsible for the general operations at the Learning Commons front desk. The person in this position supervises one Administrative Assistant & User Services Assistant (FT); one Automated Library Technician & Serials Assistant (FT); one User Services Assistant (FT); two User Services Assistants (PT); and four Student Assistants (PT).
Bachelor's Degree required.
Work Experience Requirements
- Customer Service experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with library automated systems and PC applications.
- Experience in library circulation and serials management functions.
- Supervisory experience in a library.
- Manage interpersonal relationships and interact with clarity, tact, and courtesy with patrons, staff, faculty, students, and others.
- Recognize and resolve or refer problems as necessary.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Identify and act in accordance with departmental priorities as well as exercise discretion and sound judgement.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Manage time and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow tasks to completion.
- Remain calm in difficult situations, and handle with diplomacy, patience, respect, and discretion.
- Explain and uphold library policy consistently.
- Exercise good judgement consistent with Library policies and procedures and service standards.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Provides oversight for public services in the Learning Commons including circulation, reserves, reshelving, and patron billing.
- Coordinates, communicates, and serves as the primary source of information to patrons and staff regarding circulation policies and procedures including policy explanation, complaint resolution, problem solving, patron registration, fine collection, and the circulation of materials from the Automated Storage & Retrieval System and the first floor browsing area.
- Directs the training, evaluation, and deployment of staff in circulation operations.
- With the University Librarian, evaluates services, develops procedures, establishes work priorities, plans improvements, and delegates, duties in circulation services.
- Collaborates with others on the development and maintenance of circulation policies and collection maintenance including serials and subscriptions.
- Participates in staffing the Learning Commons front desk on a rotational basis, and creates the schedules of circulation front desk coverage for library staff.
- Provides Learning Commons front desk coverage in the evening and on weekends when scheduled staff are absent and backup staff are unavailable.
- Serves as the contact for the continued integration and implementation of circulation functions into the library management system (LMS).
- With the University Librarian, liaises with Campus Safety and Buildings & Grounds on building issues.
- Collaborates with library faculty who perform reference consultation, and with IT technicians who perform computer consultation at the front desk.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A completed Marywood application, cover letter, resume, and names & contact information for three (3) references.
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time.
- mobility to and from desk/phone/computer and Automated Storage and Retrieval System.
- Ability to push/pull weighted book carts.
- Bending and stretching to access book bins.
- Ability to alter work schedule from daytime to nighttime shift, as needed, to cover staffing shortfalls and emergencies.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Circulation Manager online