Coordinator of Global Education
Must be available to work flexible day, evening, and weekend hours
Summary of Duties
The Coordinator of Global Education is a full-time position within the Office of Global Education. This position provides administrative and logistical support to the office with close direction from the Associate Provost for Global Education; will assist in the coordination of the office transportation needs, student housing, and orientations; plan program events/trips; assist students as needed; support departmental staff members; support Academic Affairs with grants and sponsored research; and will problem solve as required.
Evening and weekend hours are required, in addition to driving students to/from places.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field is required.
Master's degree in an area such as intercultural communication, foreign languages, education, international higher education, international relations, global studies or related fields is preferred.
Work Experience Requirements
Two (2) years' experience working in international education, student services, academic advising, international engagement or a related field is required.
Experience in higher education and/or cross-cultural programming, advising, or counseling is preferred.
Knowledge of international educational systems and credentials is preferred.
Fluency in English with proficiency in additional languages is preferred.
Strong technology skills and the ability to utilize software to provide effective student service.
- As a direct report to the Associate Provost for Global Education, this position will assist in related tasks and is supportive of all responsibilities in this area
- Coordinates all logistical needs of the programs, including, but not limited to, student housing arrangements, all details of transportation, and scheduling of classroom space
- Assists in document gathering and processing of information as it is related to international student visa status
- Handles all purchasing of materials and supplies as they apply to incoming international students
- Coordinates all events scheduled for global programs including, but not limited to, international delegation visits, coordinating meeting schedules, preparing presentation materials, scheduling space, making necessary arrangements for facilities and catering, and all other details to ensure the success of each event
- Assists in registering students and processing students/instructor payments as needed
- Maintains orderly and updated file documentation for international students
- Receives, registers, and orients new and potential international students as needed
- Assists in developing new contracts for internships and marketing
- Handles department website updates and incoming inquiries
- Works cooperatively with all other staff members, including program instructors, to maximize the short and long-term success of the programs
- Creates promotional materials
- Assists with the design of new programs, services, or concepts
- Drives department vehicles when necessary
- Provides students, clients, partners, and co-workers with the highest level of service excellence and professionalism to enhance retention and provide growth for the department
- Assists and communicates regularly with students to answer questions, provide program information, and trouble-shoot issues
- Develops and regularly maintains an ORSP filing system that ensures documentation of all necessary information for each grant submitted
- Updates the grant information spreadsheet weekly to accurately depict the status of each grant as well as report due dates and other information
- Additional duties as required
- Must be detail-oriented with strong customer/client service skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on various large projects simultaneously
- Strong administrative skills
A valid driver's license and a clean driving record are required.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally sit for long periods of time
- Ability to drive a university van for study abroad programming purposes
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Coordinator of Global Education online