Assistant Coach - Men's and Women's Track & Field/Cross Country
Summary of Duties
Applications are invited for the part time Assistant Men's and Women's Track & Field/Cross Country Coach position at Marywood University.
Marywood is an independent, comprehensive, Catholic university with more than 3,100 students. Located in a residential area of Scranton, PA with easy access to the Pocono Mountains, the University features a new ‘state-of-the-art’ athletics and wellness facility and is within a two-hour drive of New York City and Philadelphia. Affordable housing in attractive communities with good schools is readily available. The University enrolls approximately 1900 students in more than fifty-five undergraduate programs and approximately 1,300 graduate students in 33 masters degree, as well as terminal degree programs, including a Psy. D., Ed. S., M.F.A. and an inter-disciplinary Ph.D. with five specializations.
The successful applicant will have: a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years experience as a track & field coach, preferably at the Division III college/university level; general knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, strong interpersonal, planning and organizational abilities; and, excellent oral and written communications skills. Competence with technology resources and a current driver’s license are vital to fulfilling the responsibilities of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Head Coach in all coaching responsibilities, including the traditional season, non-traditional season and off-season activities.
- Participation in all practice sessions and contests as warranted by the Head Coach.
- Represent the Athletic Department in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
- Develop an appropriate and working knowledge of involved NCAA, AEC, and Marywood athletic policies.
- Develop an appropriate and working knowledge of allowed recruitment tactics, policies and strategies.
- Know and implement relevant NCAA and AEC policies/regulations.
- Be knowledgeable about the NCAA Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA).
- Assist in the recruitment of team members.
- Attend all mandated seminars, staff and team meetings.
- Promote academics, sportsmanship and desirable life values to team members.
- Assist the Head Coach in assigned administrative duties.
- Represent the Head Coach in his/her absence and assume all involved responsibilities.
- Securement of Adult CPR Certification, AED Certification, and First Aid Certification (American Red Cross). These certifications must be on file prior to the first official practice, i.e. non-traditional and traditional season.
- Approval of all work related activities by the Director of Athletics and Recreation for the off-season and non-traditional season.
- Maintenance of a written log of all work related activities including recruitment, conditioning, administrative areas during the entire year. Communication with staff recording liaison for this task is consistently necessary.
- Duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation and Assistant Director of Athletics.
- Understand, agree to and sign annually the Athletics and Recreation Department's and AEC's "Code of Conduct/Sportsmanship" policy. Act consistently in a manner reflective of this intent.
A completed Marywood application, cover letter, resume, and names & contact information for three (3) references.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Assistant Coach - Men's and Women's Track & Field/Cross Country online