Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach (#379)
Summary of Duties
Applications are invited for the part-time Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach position at Marywood University.
Primary duties include:
- Assist the Head Coach in all coaching responsibilities including the traditional season, non-traditional season and off-season activities.
- Participation in all practice sessions and contests as warranted by the Head Coach.
- Represent the Athletic Department in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
- Develop an appropriate and working knowledge of NCAA, AEC, and Marywood Athletic policies.
- Develop an appropriate and working knowledge of allowed recruitment tactics, policies and strategies.
- Know and implement relevant NCAA and AEC policies/regulations.
- Be knowledgeable about the NCAA Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA).
- Assist in the recruitment of team members.
- Attend all mandated seminars, staff and team meetings.
- Promote academics, sportsmanship and desirable life values to team members.
- Assist the Head Coach in assigned administrative duties.
- Represent the Head Coach in their absence and assume all involved responsibilities.
- Securement of Adult CPR Certification, AED Certification, and First Aid Certification (American Red Cross). These certifications must be on file prior to the first official practice, i.e. non-traditional and traditional season.
- Approval of all work related activities by the Director of Athletics and Recreation for the off-season and non-traditional season.
- Maintenance of a written log of all work related activities including recruitment, conditioning, administrative areas during the entire year. Communication with staff recording liaison for this task is consistently necessary.
- Duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation and Assistant Director of Athletics.
- Understand, agree to and sign annually the Athletics and Recreation Department's and AEC's "Code of Conduct/Sportsmanship" policy. Act consistently in a manner reflective of its intent.
Marywood is an independent, comprehensive, Catholic university with more than 3,100 students. Located in a residential area of Scranton, PA with easy access to the Pocono Mountains, the University features a new ‘state-of-the-art’ athletics and wellness facility and is within a two-hour drive of New York City and Philadelphia. Affordable housing in attractive communities with good schools is readily available. The University enrolls approximately 1900 students in more than fifty-five undergraduate programs and approximately 1,300 graduate students in 33 masters degree, as well as terminal degree programs, including a Psy. D., Ed. S., M.F.A. and an inter-disciplinary Ph.D. with five specializations.
The successful applicant will have: a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years experience as a men’s lacrosse coach, preferably at the Division III college/university level; general knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, strong interpersonal, planning and organizational abilities; and, excellent oral and written communications skills. Competence with technology resources and a current driver’s license are vital to fulfilling the responsibilities of this position.
A completed Marywood application, resume, and list of three professional references.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach online