Coordinator of Multicultural Education / Study Abroad Advisor
Monday through Friday Hours per Week: 40
Employee is required to work occasional weekend and/or evening hours to accommodate recruitment/other student events
Summary of Duties
The Coordinator is a full-time position within the Center for Global Engagement housed within the Office of Global Education. The Coordinator works collaboratively to support multicultural education projects across campus and works closely with faculty to promote and enroll existing programs and develop new globally focused initiatives. The Coordinator serves as primary administrative contact for students and faculty leaders participating in education abroad programs and manages all-year and semester-abroad programs and short term exchange programs, which include but are not limited to faculty-led programs.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
- 2 years' experience working in international education, student services, academic advising, international engagement, or a related field.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Available to work flexible day, evening, and weekend hours
- Strong technology skills and ability to utilize software to provide effective student service
- A Master's degree in an area such as intercultural communication, foreign languages, education, international higher education, higher education experience, international relations, global studies, or related fields
- Knowledge of international educational systems and credentials; experience in higher education and/or cross-cultural programming, advising, or counseling
- Fluency in English with proficiency in additional languages
- Understanding of the regulations of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and other regulatory requirements governing study abroad programs
- As a direct report to the Associate Provost for Global Education, assist in related tasks and be supportive of all responsibilities in this area
- Develop educational and multicultural programs within the Center for Global Engagement
- Work with other departments on campus to develop new programs that strengthen intercultural awareness and understanding
- Assist in providing directions and leadership to the Center for Global Engagement by managing and overseeing multiple programs and activities
- Assist staff and faculty in the development and support of study abroad programs, including faculty-led programs, reciprocal student exchange programs, affiliated third-party international program providers/contractors, student research initiatives, international internships opportunities, credit and non-credit programs, international experiential and service-learning programs, volunteer activities, and student living Iearni.ng community
- Maintain the accuracy and completeness of data on study abroad programs
- Advise students on all cultural and practical aspects of study abroad programs including program selection, application and acceptance, financial aid and scholarships, registration, cultural awareness and adaptation, risk management, and health and safety issues.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures applicable to study abroad programs
- Assist in organizing orientation programs, informational workshops, and other student service events
- Monitor and assist with updating the Center for Global Engagement webpages, especially areas concerning study abroad
- Drive department vehicles when necessary
- Perform other related job-duties and manage special projects as required
Must be detail oriented with strong customer/client service skills, able to communicate clearly and effectively, able to work independently with minimal supervision; and, able to work on various large projects simultaneously. Strong administrative skills.
- Ability to lift up to 30
- Ability to occasionally sit for long periods of
- Drive a university van for study abroad programming purposes
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Coordinator of Multicultural Education / Study Abroad Advisor online