Alumni Engagement/University Advancement
Assistant Director of Young Alumni and Student Engagement
Summary of Duties
Would you like to work with a team of forward thinking, passionate, and driven professionals? Do you have an interest in engaging young alumni and guiding students on their journey to philanthropic impact? Bring your skills to the table as the University Advancement Team at Marywood searches for an Assistant Director of Young Alumni and Student Engagement.
The ideal candidate would have three years minimum of professional experience and assists in advancing the goals of Marywood’s Office of Alumni Engagement located within the University Advancement Division. This position reports to the Director of Alumni Engagement. The Assistant Director works collaboratively to support the engagement between Marywood alumni, the University, and current students, as well as increases the involvement of young alumni on campus and in their respective communities. The Assistant Director develops and executes innovative engagement strategies and events that optimize and improve connections and networking opportunities with young alumni and students. The Assistant Director advises the Student Alumni Association for the purpose of educating the student body on the importance of alumni involvement with the University after graduation and in making Marywood a top philanthropic priority.
This position requires an understanding of, and willingness to, operationalize Marywood’s mission and core values. The ideal candidate is someone with a high energy level and mature professionalism which result in an independent, self-propelling interest in service-oriented work. The individual must have a fine-tuned sense of integrity and privacy, since the person in this position is privy to information of a confidential nature.
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements
3-5 years of related experience that includes working in a highly-visible, service-focused environment preferably in higher education; writing, proofreading, and editing; event planning and management; knowledge of communication resources and strategies; and project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including cross-cultural communication competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Comfort with change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively
- Fluency in English, with proficiency in additional languages a plus
- Strong ability to establish priorities and manage multiple demands and assignments
- Attention to detail and exceptional volunteer management skills Strong technology skills and ability to utilize software to provide effective service
- Develop a creative and dynamic Young Alumni program that focuses on engaging alumni with the University in their first 10 years after graduation. Elements may include: data collection, e-newsletters, regional activities for young alumni, and further development of a Young Alumni Council.
- Collaborate with the Office of Career Development to effectively engage their services and to meet the career and networking needs of young alumni.
- Assist in the development of programs and activities for parents and families of current students.
- Assist with campus-wide programs such as homecoming, orientation, philanthropy day, alumni weekend, etc.
- Research and identify current trends and initiatives in young alumni and student philanthropy for possible implementation at Marywood.
- Serve as primary advisor to the Student Alumni Association (SAA) and Young Alumni Council (YAC); advise and supervise the organizations' executive boards and membership; provide counsel on program development, implementation, and budget management; ensure organizational compliance with University policies and procedures; represent the organizations to campus and divisional leadership.
- Cultivate and activate an engaged and diverse base of volunteer support for student and young alumni programs through ongoing relationship management and coordinate placement of volunteers in meaningful engagement
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned based on the needs of the University Advancement Division.
A completed Marywood application, resume, and names & contact information for three references.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Assistant Director of Young Alumni and Student Engagement online