Assistant Women's Soccer Coach
Summary of Duties
Applications are invited for the part-time Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach position at Marywood University. The primary responsibilities include: assisting the head coach with recruiting, scheduling and related administrative duties involved with the women’s soccer program.
Marywood is an independent, comprehensive, Catholic university with more than 3,500 students. Located in a residential area of Scranton, PA with easy access to the Pocono Mountains, the University features a new ‘state-of-the-art’ athletics and wellness facility and is within a two-hour drive of New York City and Philadelphia. Affordable housing in attractive communities with good schools is readily available. The University enrolls approximately 1,900 students in more than fifty-five undergraduate programs and approximately 1,300 graduate students in 33 masters degree, as well as terminal degree programs, including a Psy. D., Ed. S., M.F.A. and an inter-disciplinary Ph.D. with five specializations.
Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements
2-3 years' experience as a coach, preferably at the college/university or high school level.
- Strong interpersonal, planning, and organizational abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competence with technology, resources, and a current driver's license are vital to fulfilling the responsibilities of this position
- Assist the Head Coach in all coaching responsibilities including the traditional season, non-traditional season, and off-season activities
- Participate in all practice sessions and contests as warranted by the Head Coach
- Represent the Athletic Department in an appropriate and professional manner at all times
- Develop an appropriate and working knowledge of involved NCAA, AEC, and Marywood University athletic policies and procedures
- Develop an appropriate and working knowledge of allowed recruitment tactics, polices, and strategies
- Know and implement relevant NCAA and AEC policies and regulations
- Be knowledgeable about the NCAA Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA)
- Assist in the recruitment of team members
- Attend all mandated seminars, staff and team meetings
- Promote academics, sportsmanship, and desirable life values to team members
- Assist the Head Coach in assigned administrative duties
- Represent the Head Coach in their absence and assume all involved responsibilities
- Securement of Adult CPR, AED and First Aid (American Red Cross) Certifications. These certifications must be on file prior to the first official practice, i.e. non-traditional season
- Approval of all work-related activities by the Executive Director of Athletics and Recreation for the off-season and non-traditional season
- Maintenance of a written log of all work-related activities, including recruitment, conditioning, and administrative areas during the entire year. Communication with staff recording liaison for this task is consistently necessary
- Understand, agree to, and annually sign the Athletics and Recreation Department and AEC's Code of Conduct/Sportsmanship policy and consistently act in a manner reflective of it's intent
- Duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Athletics and Recreation and Associate Director of Athletics
General knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, NCAA policies, and compliance issues is required.
A completed Marywood application, cover letter, resume and names and contact information for three (3) references are required.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Assistant Women's Soccer Coach online