IEP Adjunct Instructor (#2021-1)
Summary of Duties
The Marywood University Intensive English Program seeks one or more Adjunct Instructors to teach academic-oriented intensive English classes to international students with varying levels of English proficiency and to assist in developing and maintaining a successful academic-oriented IEP curriculum. The positions will begin teaching in early January 2022.
The program's expectation is that successful candidates will be available to teach face-to-face classes during regular business hours (part-time between 9 AM & 5:30 PM).
Master’s Degree in English, ESL, Education
Experience with assessment, curriculum design and/or teacher training
● ESOL/TESOL/TESL/ TEFL, Linguistics or related field
● Proficiency in a second language, desirable but not required
● Professional involvement in TESOL, and/or affiliate TESOL’s, etc.
● One or more years teaching English as a Second Language
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Skilled at written and verbal communication, including formal presentation to groups.
Ability to set priorities and advocate team concepts; work collaboratively with faculty
● Excellent organizational skills
● The ability to keep concise records
● A sensitivity to the development stages and well-being of IEP students
● The ability to incorporate current technology into the classroom environment
● The ability to facilitate group discussion, analyze situations, and draw conclusions
● The ability to work with a diversity of individuals and groups
● Excellent problem-solving skills to analyze issues and create action plans
● The ability to adapt to changing work priorities and maintain flexible working hours
● The ability to establish and maintain constructive relationships
A completed Marywood application, CV, cover letter, and (if available) evidence of competence in teaching.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for IEP Adjunct Instructor online