Overall Organization Goals
- Create more efficient avenues for communication between students, faculty, and the university.
- Continue to invite University officials to Student Government Association General Assembly Meetings.
- Assist the Student Activities Crew in the annual Marywood Madness event.
- Advertise to the student body what SGA is as well as what SGA stands for and to more clearly define our role in the University.
- Implement New Club/Organization funding regulations.
Goals Accomplished in the 2015-2016 Academic Year
- Increased the "free period" time on Wednesdays from 3pm to 4pm to also include Mondays from 3pm to 4pm.
- Worked with V-P for Academic Affairs and the Registrar to implement a long-term plan to ensure that students will be able to view course offerings a minimum of two semesters prior to when the courses will be offered.
- Purchased new water bottle fill station in Nazareth Hall and the Center for Athletics & Wellness.
- Amended the Bad Weather policy to be more conducive to commuter students.
- Purchased new tables, chairs and couches for the Fireplace Lounge to increase student activity in the space.
- Implemented "What Do You Want Wednesday"s. The first Wednesday of each month, SGA creates a booth in the Learning Commons to openly discuss student concerns and changes they feel should be made.
- Addressed concerns about the PAC and the music department. The Maintenance Department will be renovating a room in the PAC and will purchase more lockers for students.
- Worked with the Maintenance Department to remove the smoking butt huts and build/distribute more recycling receptacles around campus.
- Continued to implement the University mascot by recruiting, interviewing and hiring interested students for Fall and Spring semesters.
- Purchased and installed a new volleyball net behind Madonna Hall.
- Relocation of bike racks from Loughran Hall to near Nazareth Hall.
- Hosted a volleyball tournament to increase student and faculty engagement.
- Implemented initiatives for increased awareness of SGA through Facebook groups (1032 friends), Social Media Raffles and meeting initiatives.
Goals for the 2016-2017 academic year will be chosen during annual training in August 2016.
Want us to work on something you feel is important? Let us know!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org