What does SGA do?
- Advocate for the undergraduate student body to address their needs and concerns.
- Work as a liaison between the students and university administration.
- Achieve both cosmetic and academic improvements on campus to enhance the overall student experience.
- Act as a financial resources for recognized student clubs and organizations.
- Encourage students to be the positive change on campus!
Goals Accomplished during the 2016-2017 academic year:
- Creation of a Student Alumni Association
- Created additional SGA positions to better represent campus (i.e. addition of a Multicultural and International Affairs Representative, Media & Marketing Representative, among other alterations)
- Increased student representation on university committees & meetings with various staff and administration
- Contribution to the university Athletic's logo
- New "Athlete of the Week" highlighted on social media
- #MUPacerPride hashtag for current and prospective student use (events, swag, t-shirt giveaways, etc. to promote this)
- Professionalism Series: Free professional head shots for students, faculty and staff and a Career Services workshop
- SGA meetings all live tweeted at @Marywood_SGA
- Renovations for campus: Convertible picnic table benches, couch for the Performing Arts building, re-sanding of the volleyball court, new basketball hoop, kitchen supplies for Madonna kitchen, Game room renovations (electronics, furniture, charging station, gaming equipment)
- Better integrate and transition new transfer students and deferred freshmen (newly revamped Transfer Student Orientation sessions)
- Increased collaboration with organizations and departments (i.e. free Car Wash, funding available for RAs, Pep Rally with Athletics, SGA Fan Zones, Spookywood residence hall games & trick-or-treating, University 100 "Get Involved" presentations)
- Group Fitness instructor survey to assess student needs; hiring of new instructors
- SGA service work: Thanksgiving Adopt-a-Family, "Day of Caring"
Want us to work on something you feel is important? Let us know!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org