"Good writing is clear thinking made visible."
What we do
Undergraduate Peer Tutors help you to:
- Understand the demands of a writing assignment
- Brainstorm topic ideas
- Formulate a thesis
- Clarify ideas and wording
- Organize paragraphs
- Integrate, cite, and reference sources
- Learn to revise and proofread your own paper
Simply walk in during our hours to meet with a peer writing tutor. A Professional Writing Tutor is available for students who need a more intensive level of support. Use this form to schedule a session with our professional writing consultant.
- Graduate students enrolled in the MSW program at our satellite campuses may contact the Professional Writing Tutor at email@example.com.
- The Professional Writing Tutor will provide feedback via email.
- Please specify your writing concerns: organization, APA formatting and style, grammar, etc.
- Please allow 2 to 3 days turnaround time to receive your feedback.
The Professional Writing Tutor is available:
Mon. - Thurs. 11:30-3:00
Appointments highly recommended.
at Satellite Campuses
What will the Professional Writing Tutor do for me?
The Professional Writing Tutor will
- Read your paper, focusing on the concerns you specify in your email request: organization, APA style and formatting and style, grammar, etc.
- Insert instructive feedback into your document using the Microsoft Word comment feature.
- Provide links to online sources that offer rules and models for APA format and style, grammar, and punctuation
- Return your paper to you via email
PLEASE NOTE: The Professional Writing tutor offers tutoring services, not editing and proofreading services. That means that her job is to help you to become a stronger writer. It is expected that you will make every effort to learn through the tutoring process so that you become a stronger writer and better able to understand the rules of APA formatting and style, grammar, and punctuation.